I love and I mean LOVE anything that has bread and cheese and that can be made in under seven minutes! That's why I had to share this delicious simple recipe! Sure it is an appetizer, but I just ate it for lunch. It's not only easy, but it's healthy as well!
Sliced Artisan Bread - I used pre-sliced French bread from the bakery section
Prosciutto (this of course can be optional)
How To Make:
1. Take the sliced bread and spray both sides with cooking spray
2. Place on sauce pan on medium heat and cook both sides until slightly golden
3. Cut thin slices of tomato and mozzarella
4. Once the bread is golden, place on a cutting board and cut each slice in half. Making them appetizer size!
5. Spread on pesto - not too thick - and layer on prosciutto, tomato and cheese
6. Place in the toaster oven until cheese is melted!
*if you want to make these to bring to a party, cook the bread until golden before hand and assemble/toast right before you are to serve.
One appetizer size slice
WW Points +: 1